A selection of this week’s more interesting vulnerability disclosures and cyber security news. My heart goes out to a victim of a hack this week, an email provider who lost the lot. OK, how the guys got in leads to some questions, however the total, wilful destruction is heart breaking:
A bit of déjà vu of last week’s news. The response to the children’s smartwatch vulnerable is staggering:
And after B&Q’s leak of alleged shoplifters, a breach in New Zealand goes one step further…
Announcement too of a gapping hole in Docker, which appears to now be patched – thankfully:
The rest of it…
- Exposed: Instagram, OKCupid, Mumsnet All Face Data Concerns Three major websites are making data-privacy news this week.
- First they came for Equifax and we did nothing because America. Now they are coming for back-end systems and we”re…
- Lenovo Watch X Riddled with Security Vulnerabilities Researchers have identified multiple security issues with this Lenovo smartwatch.
- Oh dear, Lads: Spam marketing bosses banned from forming UK firms for clobbering folk with 500k calls and texts
- Use an 8-char Windows NTLM password – Don”t. Every single one can be cracked in under 2.5hrs (The Register)