A selection of this week’s more interesting vulnerability disclosures and cyber security news. A great choice in the news this week. I have to start with a huge breach of another hotel chain with the added misfortune that it also reaped US military bookings. Ouch.
Second breach again for Avast but they are not giving up:
Out of pure love for geek treasure an insight into ancient (OK, I’m not really that young !) technology still hanging in there:
And the other news…
- If there were almost a million computer misuse crimes last year, Action Fraud is only passing 2% of cases to cops
- No ‘Silver Bullet’ Fix for Alexa, Google Smart Speaker Hacks Karsten Nohl, who was behind this week’s research that outlined new eavesdropping hacks for Alexa and Google Home, says that privacy for smart home assistants still has a ways to go.
- Row erupts over who to blame after NordVPN says: One of our servers was hacked via remote management tool
- Four-Year-Old Critical Linux Wi-Fi Bug Allows System Compromise A patch is currently under revision but has not yet been incorporated into the Linux kernel.
- Major Airport Malware Attack Shines a Light on OT Security A cryptomining infection spread to half of the workstations at a major international airport.