For well over a decade our focus at ionCube has been on PHP security but recently with the release of ionCube24 we have been looking into different kinds of vulnerabilities. This post has a few of the interesting issues we have found this week.
A selection of this week’s more interesting vulnerability disclosures and cyber security news.
- CVE-2015-7923 Westermo WeOS before 4.19.0 uses the same SSL private key across different customers’ installations, which makes it easier for man-in-the-middle attackers to defeat cryptographic protection mechanisms by leveraging knowledge of a key.
- CVE-2015-8770 Directory traversal vulnerability in the set_skin function in program/include/rcmail_output_html.php in Roundcube before 1.0.8 and 1.1.x before 1.1.4 allows remote authenticated users with certain permissions to read arbitrary files or possibly execute arbitrary code via a .. (dot dot) in the _skin parameter to index.php.
- CVE-2015-8794 Absolute path traversal vulnerability in program/steps/addressbook/photo.inc in Roundcube before 1.0.6 and 1.1.x before 1.1.2 allows remote authenticated users to read arbitrary files via a full pathname in the _alt parameter, related to contact photo handling.
- CVE-2016-1882 FreeBSD 9.3 before p33, 10.1 before p26, and 10.2 before p9 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (kernel crash) via vectors related to creating a TCP connection with the TCP_MD5SIG and TCP_NOOPT socket options.
- Developers Accidentally Ship Dropbox And Gmail Logins In Horribly Insecure Motorola CCTV Cameras (Forbes)
Weekly Cyber Security News 05/02/2016