A selection of this week’s more interesting vulnerability disclosures and cyber security news. Some pretty dire issues this week, some fixed and some not going to be fixed. On the plus side spotted this pretty handy password scoring tool, and glad to see that my usual password approach scores highly. Does yours?:
The stuff of nightmares can be found below:
- How to remote hijack computers using Intel’s insecure chips: Just use an empty login string (The Register)
- Keylogger Discovered in Some HP Laptops Researchers discovered the audio driver in some HP laptops contains a tool to record and save users’ keystrokes.
- NYU Accidentally Exposed Military Code-breaking Computer Project to Entire Internet Sam Biddle reports
- ‘Crazy bad’ bug in Microsoft’s Windows malware scanner can be used to install malware (The Register)
- Android O-mg. Google won’t kill screen hijack nasties on Android 6, 7 until the summer (The Register)
Weekly Cyber Security News 12/05/2017