A selection of this week’s more interesting vulnerability disclosures and cyber security news. Lots of buzz around a particularly embarrassing and damaging leak announced yesterday:
So many other amazingly interesting articles this week. Its been hard to choose, but this one reveals a potential concern in an area where many hope to gain extra security in the cloud:
Back to a regular swipe at IoT now, where the little things make for a fun day…
Other awesome issues of the week:
- Commonwealth Ombudsman singles out Home Affairs over stored communications and metadata handling (ZDNet)
- ToRPEDO Privacy Attack on 4G/5G Networks Affects All U.S. Carriers The attack threatens users with location-tracking, DoS, fake notifications and more.
- Cisco Patches High-Severity Webex Vulnerability For Third Time Third time’s hopefully a charm for Cisco, which has patched a high-severity flaw once again in its Webex video conferencing platform.
- Ready for another fright? Spectre flaws in today”s computer chips can be exploited to hide, run stealthy malware
- Ring Doorbell Flaw Opens Door to Spying Researchers are urging Ring users to update to the latest version of the smart doorbell after a serious flaw triggered privacy concerns.